The newly renovated and expanded Guilderland Library is ALMOST done! The below pictures were taken on October 4, 2021 as the library is now open for browsing even though there are a few things left to do before the project is complete.
Highlights of the project:
- 6,555 SF Children’s Addition – activity room with heated floors and nursing area; natural light centered by skylight; program/craft activity area
- Teen Room – “The Foundry”
- Freshwater Tropical Aquarium – double sided, 540-gallons, 11 varieties of fish
- Cafe – vending machine service to come
- Double-sided gas fireplace – historic local mantel from Fuller’s Tavern
- 4 New Meeting/Study Rooms
- 5 New Unisex Single-stall Bathrooms
- Expanded Parking lot – accommodates 57 additional vehicles
- 2 EV charging stations (Level 2) – main parking lot
- Safety additions – sprinkler system, state-of-the-art fire/burglar alarm system, additional emergency exits, parking lot reconfiguration with more handicapped spaces, drive-up book drop
As of 10/4/21 the Meadow Playspace off of the children’s room isn’t open yet.
Double-sided Freshwater Tropical Aquarium (one side is in the children’s room).
The new public computers for the library are delayed due to a worldwide chip shortage.
Teen Room “The Foundry”
Double-sided Gas Fireplace (located in the non-fiction section)`
The above pictures were taken on October 4, 2021.