Follow the Washington Park Conservancy on Facebook for more information.
There are a million ways that you can create a lantern at home with your child. Below is how I made a simple lantern with my son.
An empty soda bottle
1 Pipe Cleaner
1 Flameless Candle
- Cut the top off of the soda bottle
- Punch one hole on each side of the top of the soda bottle for the handle (the pipe cleaner)
- Attach the pipe cleaner for the handle by putting it through the holes and twisting it around the bottle
- Decorate the outside of soda bottle with tissue paper (use glue)
- Place the flameless candle in the lantern and have fun!
Take and Make: Lantern Craft for this year’s Albany Lantern Parade!
Stop by the Pine Hills Branch before November 5th to get your Lantern Kit! You will need a clean, clear plastic container (soda bottle, take-out container, etc) to complete this project at home. All other supplies are included in your kit.
Click here for more information.