Follow the Washington Park Conservancy on Facebook for more information.
There are a million ways that you can create a lantern at home with your child. Below is how I made a simple lantern with my son.
There are also Lantern Making Workshops coming up:
Pine Hills Branch/Albany Public Library on 10/25 from from 4pm-6pm – Click here to register.
Delaware Branch/Albany Public Library on 10/30 from 4:30pm-6pm – Click here to register.
Pick up a free lantern kit at the Bach Branch/Albany Public Library from 10/30-11/5 – Click here for details.
An empty soda bottle
1 Pipe Cleaner
1 Flameless Candle
- Cut the top off of the soda bottle
- Punch one hole on each side of the top of the soda bottle for the handle (the pipe cleaner)
- Attach the pipe cleaner for the handle by putting it through the holes and twisting it around the bottle
- Decorate the outside of soda bottle with tissue paper (use glue)
- Place the flameless candle in the lantern and have fun!